Operation of the LOKAL Leakage Detection System by F.A.S.T is based on the technical principle of the frequency-dependent correlation coherence analysis. The pressurized medium inside the pipe generates a discharge-related noise at the leakage spot. This discharge noise propagates to both ends of the pipe section simultaneously and is acquired through sensitive pick-up units at accessible spots such as valves, hydrants, etc.. The amplified signal is then radio-transmitted to the coherence correlator and converted into cross power spectrumcompatible data by means of FFT algorithms. Further data processing provides coherence / correlation, which will be displayed on the LOKAL screen.
Overview of benefits
- high spotting accuracy for pipes made of steal, cast iron, asbestos and PVC
- automatic leak detection and spotting routine
- integrated automatic rejection of disturbing noises
- user-friendly operation manual
- frequency analysis (coherence spectrum)
- easy data evaluation of pipe sections consisting of mixed materials and featuring different diameters
- no misdiggings at reflection spots such as T-junctions, the end of a pipe, or angles etc.
- data reprocessing without any additional measurement procedure possible
- VGA color display
Here you can download the Technical Description for the Lokal 100